Monday, December 10, 2007

embodying a dream

I guess that is what I am trying to do … we use the vehicle of our physical form to realize our dreams -- by refining and clarifying ourselves.

More than ten years ago I first read a book called The Intuitive Body by an aikidoist named Wendy Palmer.

Here is the excerpt which planted the seed in me that “some day” I too would ride horses…it is from the Introduction and is called "Embodying A Dream."

The photo shows my Swedish friend, Annelie Andersson-Beck partaking of the awesome power of her Swedish warmblood gelding, Sober, at a Susan Harris Centered Riding (& Centered Jumping) Clinic. Annelie has told me that she and Sober like nothing better than to ride out into the wind when it is snowing, Sober tossing his head with delight -- I like to visualize that!

No comments: